FIRST YEAR WARRANTY DOCUMENTS: Warranty Service Request Form, One Time Repair Form, Sample Single Family/Duplex Warranty Book, Sample Multi-Family Warranty
HOMEOWNERS MANUAL: Single Family & Duplex Homes, Multi-Unit Condominiums
EMAIL CUSTOMER SERVICE/SUBMIT WARRANTY REQUEST: Service@MJCCompanies.com
MJC Companies® is proud to offer a 10 Year Limited Structural Warranty on all single family homes and duplex condominiums through RWC!
Who is RWC?
- RWC has been in the new home warranty business for over 30 years and has issued warranties on over 3 million homes. More importantly, RWC has managed the dispute resolution process between homeowners and builders on thousands of homes over the years.
- Home warranties issued by RWC are insured by Western Pacific Mutual Insurance Company, a Risk Retention Group (WPMIC), a company that is rated "A- (Excellent)" by A.M. Best and has over $100 million in surplus equity.
What does MJC Companies® Membership with RWC mean to you?
RWC does NOT have an open door policy when it comes to Membership. Not every builder is able to attain Membership with them the way MJC Companies® has done.
- Potential Members are examined for financial stability, customer satisfaction and technical competence.
- As an RWC Member, MJC Companies® agrees to comply with specific construction standards in order to have our homes warrantied by RWC.
- This is our assurance to you that MJC Companies® is committed to standing behind our homes and providing you with peace of mind long after the sale.
The RWC Customized State Warranty on your home identifies what is warranted, what is excluded and the duration of the Warranty.
- In the first year, the Warranty applies generally to workmanship, materials and portions of the major systems (wiring, ductwork and pipes) and is administered through MJC Companies®.
- For all 10 years, the Warranty includes protection on warranted structural elements in your home, as defined in your Warranty book. The Warranty identifies which parts of a home are warranted, and the criteria for establishing a structural defect.
- Your Warranty book spells out who is responsible for warranted repairs, defines basic terms that are important for you to know, and describes the process you will use if you think you have a warranted problem in your home.
- Note that the Warranty is "limited" which means you are responsible for maintaining your home, from changing light bulbs to maintaining proper drainage patterns. Areas which are not part of the primary residence, such as driveways, are excluded from your Warranty and some products come with a manufacturer's warranty.
Value to you, the Homeowner!
- Resale Value - Your home is warranted for 10 years. If you sell your home during that term, the balance of the warranty transfers automatically to the next buyer. That transferable home warranty is an excellent marketing tool when you offer your home for sale to prospective buyers.
- Protection - When MJC Companies® chose RWC as our warranty provider, we made the decision to provide you with a written and insured commitment that your home will be free from specified defects. Your RWC warranty is independently written and administered and remains in place for 10 years, regardless of what the future holds.
- Expert Second Opinion - Even with a written warranty, misunderstandings may arise. If you disagree with us on whether or not something should be considered a defect, the limited warranty can be a valuable "measuring stick" for evaluating the issues. You benefit from third-party assistance with home warranty issues. The warranty standards included are based on accepted industry practices. The process to get RWC involved to mediate the issue and determine coverage is spelled out in your warranty book.
*Please read your Purchase Agreement and Limited Warranty Book for full details. Warranty program applies for all single family home and duplex condominium purchase agreements executed after October 1, 2016. For multifamily condominiums and homes with purchase agreements executed prior to October 1, 2016, please consult the Limited Warranty included with your Contract Documents.